Given the gap in the availability of quality of life services for single parent families battling a cancer diagnosis, it is essential that we, as a community and province, address this issue in the shortest delay.
Daryl’s Angel Network envisions a province where single parents no longer feel alone during cancer treatment, but are resilient, less stressed and, hopefully, recover quickly. D-A-N also hopes to provide opportunities for young children, who have a parent with cancer, to get excellent care at home, feel less anxious and are able to share their feelings in a safe environment. Daryl’s Angel Network also envisions a large, active, engaged community of trained caregivers, funders, and volunteers taking pride in supporting these families. D-A-N will focus its’ efforts on the delivery of quality of life support services to single parents who are battling cancer and who have young children. These services will include but are not limited to the following:
- Specialized childcare (12 and under);
- Funds for domestic help;
- Special needs not covered by other services;
- Taxi vouchers;
- Family activity support;
- Support during treatment;
- Form filling;
- Creating family memories;
- Funds for legal support;
- Assistance to access social assistance and/or medical leave.
We want to work with you to create a reality where every single Quebec parent with cancer gets the assistance they need to maintain family control within their present reality so their quality of life as parents is enhanced. To meet our goal, we will:
- Raise funds annually to support programs that have a direct, meaningful impact on the single parents and families we serve.
- Support single parent families throughout treatment, recovery and palliative care.
- Build lasting relationships with cancer support organizations to identify and support families who need us the most.
- Galvanize a new generation of volunteers and provide them with engaging and rewarding opportunities.